Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Spring Break In Summary

Monday: I knew since last week that my week long break isn't going to be exciting unless I start homework, which is basically what I planned to do today. Today, so far, is a peaceful and reserved day, when I feel more worry-free than usual, but I am not going out as much as I expect myself to. Hearing that my friends are  enjoying their time at entertaining places stirs endless jealousy within me. The only burdens that still hinder me are memories left of the previous exams and tests I've took before proceeding to break. I usually discipline myself in a way that if I do not study hard during my school weeks, I will give myself less leisure time during break. My schedule today accompanies of waking up early at 9:00 A.M., practicing piano for about an hour, then doing my homework. This morning, I felt a little more creative about making breakfast, so I made a delicious fruit smoothie and drank tea, which our family often drinks because it is so healthy, fat free, and provides a limitless amount of antioxidants that support heart and brain health. Our lunch and dinner consisted of plain rice with a variety of vegetables and meat, accompanied with chicken soup. (DELICIOUS)
While starting homework, I often get distracted easily, even during a quiet reading session or a simple writing assignment. The thought of picking up my pencil as a sign to start concentrating can already frustrate me. Checking my Facebook account, of course, is my main distraction, possibly because I always anticipate for notifications and pondering what statuses I will post next. Today, I narrowed all my assignments to doing only English homework today, which consists of reading "Lord of the Flies" and taking Cornell notes on it. As a really impatient person while accomplishing time-consuming tasks, such as reading a long chapter book or working on projects, I'm not fond or experienced at taking notes; I believe that it only results in a mediocre understanding of the story. Aside from taking notes, I finished a study guide, which is surprisingly simple considering how interesting the story is so far. Many literature assignments are a review from the past, but I also learn many new techniques such as applying academic language to my daily life.

Tuesday: Living this day feels exactly the same as Monday; Well, maybe I did go outside a little more than I did yesterday. I felt that today was a relaxing day-no homework and no requirements from my parents. Of course, I could've been a little more productive by pulling a more extroverted attitude and spending time with my friends, but of course, I don't want to distract anyone.  This morning, I woke up at about 10:00 AM, and in the following hour, I knew I had to rush to piano class. Playing piano in the morning is a relaxing, yet productive way to spend your break, also considering that I seriously have a knack for playing the piano. My afternoon was spent like a typical, free day, consisting of making berry smoothies with my sister, and taking a walk outside my neighborhood. I walked to CVS; although I'm not much of a money spender, the products from the store tempted me to use up all the money I received from New Year's. My dinner tonight included rice with spicy chicken, but I didn't bother to eat the vegetables because they tasted raw. I hoped on doing something more significant rather than just sitting on my bed with a computer propped on my lap. Like usual, I'd just waste time reading useless Facebook newsfeed and not even posting a status myself. In true honesty,  I wonder why I even have a Facebook account... Although this day could've been spent so much better, I appreciate how it is indeed break, and I should be taking time off just to relax, because it's such a privilege.  :)

Wednesday: Today was the "start" of break for me, because I actually had the chance to treat myself outside to dinner, and welcome two guests to my house. Starting from this day was when I finally believed this break is worth living through. I woke up later than my previous days, approximately at ten o'clock, which is unfortunate because it only made my morning and afternoon fly by like a breeze! It was difficult tolerating my mom's discipline when she saw my report card; two B's and four A's that could just barely remain stable. So of course, my morning and half the afternoon was spent studying and completing half of my book report. I tend to work better when I divide my homework into days; today, I'm working a lot less than I did on Monday, however I felt that I should've definitely studied my AP exam during my leisure time...
When the guests arrived at our house (They flew from China) approximately at 6:30 PM, I felt more comforted hearing that I'll be spending two days visiting places that I usually enjoy visiting. First off, I ate dinner at Tomi's! There was never a time when I didn't walk out of Tomi's bloated, so I seriously tried restricting what I ate to prevent food poisoning and such. When I came home, it was already late  at about 9:30, however, I was really restless. That night, I stood up until one o'clock A.M., planning and fantasizing ahead on what I would do the next day. <3

Thursday: Not surprisingly, I woke up at ten o'clock again, however, this time feeling revitalized and ready for the day! I started off my morning practicing piano to allow time to pass faster. My dad took today off from work, so we can spend more time together. I ate out today for lunch, at a Muslim-adopted Chinese restaurant (That's quite neat, isn't it?). I ate authentic beef noodle soup, one of my favorite foods of all times. Not just is the food served in incredible size, it also never fails to keep you filled! After lunch today I simply knew I couldn't eat dinner. Afterwards, we drove to Valleyfair mall, which I hadn't been to since last May. I never had a knack for choosing impressive fashion styles, therefore, making me an awkward shopper. Clothing that I like are usually too expensive, or simply not a fit for me. I am more of a window shopper, and I usually like looking at hair accessories or skin products. Despite that our trip to the mall was tiring, we didn't come back empty handed like usual, and overall, I definitely enjoyed the experience! As I said previously that I wasn't going to eat dinner, I was wrong; I had a feast for dinner today! I enjoyed traditional Shandong dumplings with salmon fish, beautifully cooked green vegetables, and shrimp. It felt luxurious eating at the master dining table with our family and friends. :D

Friday: Friday has kicked in, and I'm starting to feel nostalgic about break coming to an end. But that's not preventing me from enjoying the last three days anyways. Today, my dad took the guests along with my sister and I to visit the lovely breeze and shoreline of the Seventeen Mile Beach. The views from the beach is amazing, and the weather is ideal! Afterwards, we the our meal at Mcdonald, to which I indeed felt regret like usual, but it's only once in while, so i might as well forgive myself and treat myself out to this opportunity. Afterwards, we drove a long way to San Francisco, where we said farewell to the two guests that had visited two days ago. Neighboring the street was a Disney Store, so me and my sister passion-heartedly ran to the store and bought ourself merchandise of our favorites. On our way to Chinatown, we had no place to park, as it appeared that all the streets and lots were completely filled, to our dismay. Although it wasn't unexpected that we only had about 15 minutes to spend at the crowded and entertaining Chinatown, we definitely admired the sight of the bustling cars, busy streets, the vivid Chinese culture, and of course, the merchandise. I bought a big panda plush for less than twenty dollars-what a deal! I was satisfied as the day came to an end, that I got what I had expected. This break in summary was surely a privilege, maybe one that I'd do anything to live again. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment