Monday, May 12, 2014

Which character are you most like from Lord of the Flies?

              I would compare myself the most to Piggy, because both of us are awkward and clumsy. Like Piggy, I have asthma, except it's extremely mild, barely even considerable. I do not have a knack for associating with groups of people, so I'm usually an outlier. However, I am known as the peacemaker of the group. I have non leader like attributes as well, thus I am considered introverted. Despite that I am intelligent and extremely determined in my tasks, I'm not usually acknowledged for it; in fact, my clumsy personality deceives people a lot. Like Piggy,  both of us are really responsible for disciplining others when they slip off task or if they misbehave.
              One of the quotes, "Piggy was so full of pride in his contribution to the good of society that he helped to fetch wood"  shows that Piggy is really considerate towards his society, and he is willing to help out his team. Piggy is the symbol of intelligence and rational thinking, as well as responsibility shown through his speech. Another quote, "How can you expect to be rescued if you don’t put first things first and act proper?" exemplifies his maturity towards other and proves his logical thinking. He is beneficial in the story, as he serves as the problem solver, as well as the most emotionally and mentally developed character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment